Mealworm Peanut Clusters
- 25 grams of freeze-dried mealworms
- 200 grams of dark couverture/baking chocolate
- 150 grams of peanuts (or a mix of whatever you like)
- Melt the chocolate
- Fry the mealworms for about 5 minutes in a pan
- Put a sheet of baking paper on a tray or a plate
- Put a couple peanuts together and pour the melted chocolate over it
- Sprinkle mealworms on the top
- Let them cool (in the fridge) for about 30 - 60 minutes
The one advice we have for you: buy actual couverture or dark chocolate and don't melt that milk chocolate bar you already have at home. Couverture chocolate is perfect for melting and then cooling again, while milk chocolate contains too much sugar. After melting and cooling, couverture or dark chocolate is dense and shiny again and melts in your mouth.
So get yourself some couverture chocolate, melt it either in the microwave or in a bowl over some boiling water and pour it over your nuts of choice. Finish off with some mealworms (we get ours from catch-your-bug) on top, let it rest in the fridge and desert is ready!
But that's unhealthy and full of sugar is it not?! Okay, one final piece of advice then. Cacao is actually a rich source of antioxidants and minerals. So the darker your chocolate of choice, the lower the sugar percentage, and the more of the good stuff you get. So get some dark chocolate for the antioxidants, a variety of nuts for healthy fats, and mealworms for complete protein and you almost even have a pretty healthy snack.