Cold Brew Cricket Smoothie
- 1 tbsp of of cricket flour
- 250 ml of vanilla sweetened almond or soy milk
- 200 ml of cold brew (or freshly brewed espresso)
- 2 (very) ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp of 100% peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut flakes
- A handful of blueberries
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 tbsp of coconut milk cream or yoghurt
- Make sure to heat up the cricket flour if required according to the package
- Throw everything apart from the cacao nibs, some coconut flakes and some banana in the blender until the texture is smooth but creamy
- Top with some cacao nibs, coconut flakes and fresh banana and serve!
If the ingredients of this smoothie make you feel like we have just thrown a bunch of delicious things together and hoped it worked out, you're not completely wrong. What started out as us trying to make an espresso smoothie with cold brew, cricket powder, choco and banana, turned out to become a smoothie with peanut butter, blueberries and coconut as well. And you know what? A smoothie is probably the best example of a dish where you can just throw a lot of good things together and it probably works out.
And do we have exactly the proof of that for you here! We start every rich and creamy smoothie with bananas, ice cubes and a little bit of almond or soy milk. With that base covered, it's time to let the imagination go wild and free. Do you have the feeling you need a vitamin boost? Then throw in a bunch of veggies and fruits! Wanna get a good recovery shake from your hard workout? Throw your favorite protein powder into the mix as well! Stuff you usually use for baking like cacao powder or cacao nibs, nuts and maple syrup also always work a treat.
Just try a lot of things and see what combination of awesome ingredients works best for you. After all, we did something similar for this recipe. We started out with an idea, and ended up adding more and more ingredients until we had what we were looking for. The result? A smoothie that is rich and creamy, full of flavours and antioxidants, and gives you a protein and coffein boost. Indulge!